posted on November 16, 2009 09:37
The CYC Football program had another strong weekend winning 4 of their 6 games in the 2nd round of the playoffs. We will have teams playing for the Mid-State Championship in 3 of the 4 weight divisions, with the CYC guaranteed a Championship in the 95 lbs division as the White and Blue team will be playing each other! The CYC will also be playing for the Championship in the 75 lbs and the 135 lbs divisions. The following are the results for all CYC teams for the 2nd round:
- The 75lb team won 44-22 against Springville
- The 95lb White team won 35-6 against Springville
- The 95lb Blue team won 18-6 against Moody
- The 115lb White team lost 12-8 against Moody
- The 115lb Blue team lost 22-0 against Ashville
- The 135lb team won 48-12 against Springville
The 115 lbs Blue (8-2) and the 115 lbs White (6-4) teams finished their season this past weekend. Both teams finished the playoffs in 3rd place overall! Great job to both of these teams on their accomplishments throughout the 2009 season!
All Championship games will be played this coming Saturday at Tri-County! Opponents and game times are below:
- 75 lbs Leeds vs. Chelsea Blue @ 10:00 AM
- 95 lbs Chelsea White vs. Chelsea Blue @ 12:00 PM
- 135 lbs Chelsea White vs. Pell City Black @ 4:00 PM
Let’s get out and support our teams this final weekend! Go Chelsea!